January 2023 - Dear Family and Friends of Live Well Church – It is time again for our Corporate Fast! We are fasting to cleanse ourselves of bad nutrition and to regain our health, but we are also purging negative behaviors, bad attitudes and dysfunctional cycles! During this fast, we will hear from God and draw closer to our God-given purpose. If you have questions, please email email@example.com.
With God’s love, Reverend Kahlil Carmichael, MAPCC MDIV CHP
INSTRUCTIONS FOR THE LIVE WELL FAST (Inspired by the Daniel Fast)
1. Consult with your physician before beginning this fast or starting physical activity!
2. Abstain from eating for the prescribed period of the day. After praying and discussion with your physician, please select one of the following time frames to commit to for the entire 21 day fast: 6:00 AM to 6:00 PM; 6:00 AM to 3:00 PM; or 6:00 AM to 12:00 PM
3. If you are unable to fast, you can still participate by following the dietary recommendations included below.
4. Do eat breakfast before 6:00 AM.
5. Do eliminate meat, sweets (sugar), bread, white rice or white flour based (wheat) products i.e.- pasta.
6. Do increase fruits, vegetables, chicken and fish when breaking your fast each day. Focus on healthy complex carbohydrates, healthy fats (no fried foods or excess oils), healthy proteins.
7. Do increase healthy proteins (eggs, almonds, chicken breast, cottage cheese, Greek yogurt, lentils, chicken breast, fish, quinoa, protein powder, shellfish, turkey breast)
8. Do increase healing spices (cayenne, cinnamon, cloves, coriander, cilantro, garlic, ginger, mustard, nutmeg, sage, turmeric)
9. Do increase superfoods (Garlic, blueberries, broccoli, oats, eggs, spinach, salmon, quinoa, kale, chia, oatmeal, ginger, beets, cauliflower, lentils)
10. Do hydrate freely - drink water, unsweetened herbal tea and healthy smoothies while fasting.
11. Do exercise 3x per week (at least 30 minutes)
12. Do abstain from unnecessary television, social media, secular music, internet and computer activities
13. Do consecrate yourself. “You shall consecrate yourselves therefore and be holy, for I am the Lord your God” (Leviticus 20:7)