Live Well 40 Day Lenten Journey
The 40 days of Lent are traditionally a period of meditation, prayer and spiritual renewal among Christians.
We are on a journey to hear from God and receive more fully the blessings of Prayer, Silence, Solitude and the Presence of God in the world… not only during Lent but throughout the year. Through the discipline of daily prayer with scripture, you will foster your commitment to spiritual growth during Lent.
The Live Well Lenten Journey will consist of:
- Fasting and Prayer 6am-9am Daily- No food (Join us for Prayer Call Monday-Friday 6:30am-6:45am
- 9am-6pm May consume only fruit and vegetables liquids and or smoothie
- After 6pm healthy meal consisting of poultry, fish, veggies (No sugar or high fructose drinks)
- You may have a sweet potato, Quinoa, or brown rice if you desire
- Our goal on this journey is to seek God and hear His voice.
We will overcome bad habits by:
- Eliminating and avoiding white sugar products
- eliminate television (Netflix, cable, on demand etc.)
- Eliminate all social media outlets
- Eliminate all negative thoughts and speech
We will replace these destructive negative activities with:
- Praying and meditation
- Positive Talk and affirmation
Come,let’s journey together!
Pastor Kahlil Carmichael MAPCC, MDIV