- Wear mask, correctly. Do not rely on cloth mask, only. Consider wearing N95 mask when in group settings with potentially unvaccinated people.
- Get vaccinated against the Covid-19 virus.
- Get a booster 6 months after the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines or 2 months after the Johnson and Johnson vaccine.
- Frequent hand washing, use of hand sanitizers and less touching of your eyes and mouth are advisable
- Get the flu vaccine.
- The rapid or home test can have a false negative if you are asymptomatic and have had an exposure to covid less than 5 days ago.
- The PCR test is more reliable but takes 1 to 2 days for results to be available.
- The time for a symptomatic person with a positive test has just decreased from 10 -14 days down to 5 days.
- A unvaccinated person or undervaccinated person with known Covid-19 exposure should quarantine for 5 days.
(The information about Covid-19 testing and the quarantine guidance are rapidly evolving. The best steps to protect yourself and others is to continue wearing mask and get vaccinated)
Source of information: www.cdc.gov/coronavirus